I am an artist who specializes in the medium of pastel. I was born on April, 1973, in Crete, Greece.

Officially a physicist, I have always had a deep passion for art. The last 5 years, painting got so irresistible to me, that, finally, I decided to pursue an artistic career.

I am totally self-taught. I started with black/colored pencils and charcoal, until I tried pastel for the first time, which I truly loved. Favorite subjects …almost anything. Landscapes, still life, portraits, fantasy. Realism, hyperrealism, details and high color and luminous contrast fascinate me a lot.

I am currently in the process of expanding my portfolio and exploring the artistic world both within and beyond the borders of Greece.

Contact:

jlab03@hotmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/yannisglamprakis



Πέμπτη 25 Οκτωβρίου 2012

ARTWORK: LANDSCAPES-TRADITIONAL

ARTWORK: "ROCCA AL MARE I" (2008)
One of my first pastel paintings. The one that made me go on. Night scene at the port of Heraklion, Crete.
Part of the imposing medieval fortress of Koules, which still stands at the beginning of the western breakwater of the modern port of Heraklion. Its real name is Rocca al Mare, named so by its Venetian founders, almost 500 years ago.
Soft Pastels on paper, 43 X 46 cm (unframed).

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου