I am an artist who specializes in the medium of pastel. I was born on April, 1973, in Crete, Greece.

Officially a physicist, I have always had a deep passion for art. The last 5 years, painting got so irresistible to me, that, finally, I decided to pursue an artistic career.

I am totally self-taught. I started with black/colored pencils and charcoal, until I tried pastel for the first time, which I truly loved. Favorite subjects …almost anything. Landscapes, still life, portraits, fantasy. Realism, hyperrealism, details and high color and luminous contrast fascinate me a lot.

I am currently in the process of expanding my portfolio and exploring the artistic world both within and beyond the borders of Greece.

Contact:

jlab03@hotmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/yannisglamprakis



Πέμπτη 25 Οκτωβρίου 2012

ARTWORK: LANDSCAPES-TRADITIONAL

ARTWORK:  "OLD AND WHITE" (2010)
Traditional houses of Greece, landscapes, deserted places, old doors, have always being a source of inspiration and strong emotions for me. One of my future exhibitions will definitely be about Greece through my eyes.
So far 15 of these paintings are already completed.
Soft Pastels on paper, 50 X 65 cm (unframed).





Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου